Our client, a worldwide beverage producer, aimed to gain an all-embracing comprehension of the non-alcoholic ready-to-drink (NARTD) beverage preferences among teenagers in the MENA region. The objective was to delve deeper into beverage consumption instances and pinpoint potential opportunities.
We employed MOBITRAK™, which facilitated real-time smartphone data capture (data, images, videos) to amass rich insights across over 10,000 consumption instances:
- ‘Energy’ surfaced as the principal motivation for consumption, accounting for two-thirds of the recorded instances.
- ‘Health Maintenance’ and ‘Special Treat’ were the secondary motivations.
- Consumption frequency escalated throughout the day, with nearly half of the instances occurring after 6 pm.
- Off-premises consumption peaked during the morning and afternoon.
- Grocery stores were the prevalent purchase channels, succeeded by Modern Trade, primarily supermarkets.
Equipped with these insights, we managed to:
- Spotlight growth opportunities across specific instances, dayparts, need-states, and purchase channels.
- Identify key competitive categories competing for share of throat.
- Discover white space opportunities and delineate positions of strength and vulnerabilities of the client’s portfolio brands.
Our study furnished the client with an ‘in-the-moment’ perspective of the beverage consumption ecosystem among teenagers. This strategy identified emerging growth opportunities, providing the client with strategic insights to boost market share. This case study exemplifies our commitment to utilizing data-driven strategies to deliver tangible business outcomes. Our comprehensive analysis and strategic approach enabled our client to make well-informed decisions that significantly improved their product development and enhanced market competitiveness.