How we guided the footsteps of a premium shampoo brand through its restage process
A premium shampoo brand India went in for a relaunch, saw initial gains, but could not sustain growth beyond the first 4-6 months. The business wanted to understand what had gone wrong in order to re-accelerate the brand’s performance
- The re-launch had a positive impact on brand equity. However, competitors had also managed to up their game which came in the way
of share gains for us.
- Our large pack did not do its job of growing share in MT or in the higher spending, top metros of Mumbai and Delhi.
- We chose not to be present in the fast-growing, low cost sachet segment, which slowed down our growth in Grocers – the biggest channel.
- Our modified variant did grow post relaunch but it cannibalised other.
- Our brand lacked distribution strength in certain key markets
- The brand increased focus on improving and owning key imagery attributes.
- Sharply differentiated positioning for each variant was created to help consumers address different needs.
- Specific actions were taken to increase attractiveness of the large pack, by improving price relevance.
- Entering in LCS was considered as a long-term recruitment opportunity, in the Grocer channel.
Brand’s performance improved.