How a leading snack manufacturer tapped into human truths and trends in morocco
THE CHALLENGE:A leading snack manufacturer wanted to understand emerging trends in Moroccan consumers and its implications on business.
- Education level of consumers and average age is increasing.
- Their religion imposes restrictions while the western world is aspirational. While this conflict leads to turmoil, they eek balance as they deeply respect their values and traditions. A move to foreign land equals higher social status.
- Women aspire for an egalitarian culture but wish to balance modernity and traditions in a hierarchy driven society.
- Millennials are staging quiet a cultural revolution, largely through mobile internet as it grants them a gateway to express themselves.
- Food trends also reflect strong western influence as vegan, organic and diet friendly options are embraced by the affluent.
- Developed healthier propositions to appeal to older consumers, more discerning consumers.
- Used western settings in communication which depicts respect for their values at the same time.
- Portrayed women who are strong willed but who respect traditional values and balance work and home.
- Built digital properties to provide a platform for the youth to express themselves.
- Launched vegan, organic and diet friendly alternatives to appeal to the changing needs of the affluent.