Boldly go where few marketeers have gone before!
Helping a Global FMCG giant discover consumer centric strategies
THE CHALLENGE:A trade focused approach was preventing an FMCG powerhouse from fully leveraging its globally renowned portfolio in a high growth, emerging market that was demanding a ‘local consumer centric’ approach.
- Foundational understanding within the tea category which was hitherto missing
- Identifying SKU’s in the hair care category that drove trials & loyalty respectively
- Determining what was putting consumers off from a washing powder brand that was immensely successful in a neighboring market
- Unearthing consumer barriers to face moisturizer, where client brand were bleeding share to competition
- Discovering specialist segments in the oral care space where there was a gap in client portfolio
- Understanding the consumer’s media habits and the role of digital in influencing their choices
- Successful launch of their global tea brand, to suit regional preferences and tea consumption dynamics
- Focused promotion of entry level sachets for their core shampoo brand, to protect leadership position
- Reformulation and relaunch of their washing powder brand keeping in mind the consumers washing requirements
- Rethink of brand mix in face moisturizers, launching buffer brands with a wider portfolio, including skin care expertise
- Relook at the oral care strategy keeping in mind the emerging trends within the category
- Reach and frequency optimization through cross media campaign strategies